Parent Tech Resources
Create a Schoology Parent Account:
What is Schoology?Schoology is a learning management system that our teachers are using this year to post assignments, online resources for classwork and homework, provide students with feedback, and more. Parents can access Schoology to view the course as your child does.Parent Access to Schoology:
- First, visit the PowerSchool Parent Portal to obtain your Schoologyparent access code.
- On the lefthand menu, click on Other Systems.
- The Schoology code appears in the middle of the screen. Copy it to your clipboard.
- Navigate to https://app.schoology.com/regi
- Click on Parent.
- Paste the access code into the box.
- Create an account with your preferred email and password.
Once you are inside Schoology:
- YOUR name will appear in the upper right.
- Use the drop down arrow to select your CHILD'S name.
- At the top center, you'll see the word COURSES, use the dropdown to choose which class to look at.
Help Your Child Log Into Schoology:
Your child has two ways to access Schoology.
On the web, your child needs to navigate to learning.fivetowns.net. Then they will be prompted to enter their school email and password. If your child needs help with their email or password, encourage them to visit IT or the Library.
On the Schoology App on their phone or iPad:
- Open the app
Touch the green button
In top field enter 04856 (Rockport’s zipcode)
Select Camden Hills High School with the GREEN ARROW
- You will be brought to a log in for school email and password. If your child needs help with their email or password, encourage them to visit IT or the Library.
"What Do All These Apps Do Anyway?"
We have put together a spreadsheet listing all of the apps that are assigned by teachers here or are provided by the State of Maine, with descriptions. See the full list here.
Google Apps for Education
Common Sense Media: Five Things You Need to Know About Cyberbullying
Common Sense Media: Be a Good Digital Citizen–Tips for Teens and Parents
Common Sense Media: Internet Safety Tips for High School Kids
Common Sense Media: Rules of the Road for Parents in a Digital Age
MLTI & Five Town Policies
Maine Learning Technology Initiative (MLTI)
MLTI Deployment IV
Five Town CSD: Copyright Compliance
Five Town CSD: Copyright Compliance Administrative Procedure
Five Town CSD: Rules for Student Use of Electronic Devices
Five Town CSD: Academic Honesty
Five Town CSD: Bullying
Five Town CSD: Student Computer and Internet Use
Five Town CSD: Student Computer and Internet Use Rules
Five Town CSD: School Provided Computer Use
Five Town CSD: School Provided Computer Use Procedure