1. Daily and weekly assignments for each unit will be distributed during the unit. These include homework readings and activities, individual and group reports, essays, mini-research activities, quizzes and tests, and notebook checks. Students will be responsible for meeting set deadlines.
There will be a test or concluding activity at the end of each unit. All assignments for the unit must be submitted before the unit test or concluding activity if credit is to be given.
1. YOU MUST HAVE A THREE-RING NOTEBOOK. There will be a great deal of material that will need to be put into a 3-ring binder. This notebook should also have paper that can be used for taking class notes. There will be notebook checks that are treated as a class grade. If you do not have your notebook with you in class, you will receive a Zero for that class grade. Notebook checks CAN NOT be made up. Bring your notebook to every class.
2. Attendance and make-up: Students who have an attendance problem will have a very hard time passing this course. Most of the material needed on major assignments is material covered in class. It is extremely difficult to have any idea of what is going on unless the student is present in class.
a. Students are responsible for making up assignments immediately after being absent. Any unexcused absence (for skipping class or school) results in a zero for that day.
b. If you are absent from class, you should see your teacher the day you return to school,
EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE HISTORY ON THE DAY YOU RETURN.
c. If you are dismissed from school before class meets on a given day or if you come intoschool after the class has met, YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR TEACHERIMMEDIATELY, so that you will be able to get the assignments for the next class period.
d. Homework assignments are due at the beginning of class or they will be marked as received late.
1) Follow posted Classroom rules!
A) Respect, Have fun, Save the world when you can.
2) Leaving the classroom.
A) No student shall leave the class without a pass. Each class has a boys and girls pass. You must fill it out and have me sign it, if the pass is gone, you must wait for its return! We will not have more than 2 students in the halls at the same time!
Library passes and hall passes will be handwritten with your destination printed on them, some may need a return signature from another teacher.
There is a bathroom is approximately 30 steps away, so bathroom time should not exceed 7 minutes. (This is a general time frame) The Bathroom pass is NOT a hall pass will go no place but the bathroom on this floor. Got it?! If you abuse it you will lose it! (That makes for a long 80 minutes)
Students may leave class only once during a class period. (Get your water on the way back from the bathroom)
3) No eating in class.
The Administration of our school prefers that all food be left in the cafeteria. Besides, eating in front of others is rude. Finish your break and lunch food during those times please.
4) Drinks in class.
Appropriate drinks are permitted in class, but no glass containers. If any containers are left for me to pick up, the whole class will lose this privilege. Police each other.
5) Use Technology appropriately!
Do NOT text, read text, chat, video, call, play games, or anything else with technology that will distract you, your peers or your teacher during class time! Miss use of technology will result in the loss of technology!
6) Tardy for class.
A) Being on time is an important skill, therefore, all students are expected to be in class BEFORE the final bell. If you are late because of another teacher or meeting, bring a signed and timed note!
B) 1st = 10 minutes, 2nd= 25 minutes , 3rd = 40 minutes and a social studies conference may be held,4th= office detention and follow up S.S. conference. You can be asked to leave the class if your tardiness continues. If you don’t want to be here, change classes.
C) Students must come prepared for class. Having to leave class to get your books or materials will be considered a Tardy.
7)No foul or offensive language in school. No harassment of any kind!
Any harassment will result in being asked to leave class(possibly permanently!!), and the student will not be allowed back to class without a conference. I take harassment very seriously so DON’T START!
8) A seating chart will be assigned, live with it for now.
9) Substitutes or Guest speakers to our class.
It is expected that anyone entering our classroom will be treated with dignity and respect! Anything less will result in discipline for the entire class. Do not let your classmates ruin our good name!